Thursday, December 8, 2016

Introduction Anthology
My assignment blog is a conglomeration of all the themes, ideas, and formats we have studied throughout the semester. This class beginning with more at home topics and transitioning into more class based discussions. The blogs I choose were my favorite ones from the whole semester. Many of them connect food and feeling, creating an intimate experience. They are a window into the interrelationship of food, art, and self.

I chose this order to intertwine key terms in writing, personal experiences, and the connections between cooking and film. Since my blogs were not high stakes assignments, I felt freer to use my creative license. Sometimes this worked in my favor, while other times it did not. Most importantly, these blog posts gave me an opportunity to explore my style in depth and enter a process of self-discovery. Once I was able to objectively comprehend my writing style and preferences, longer and more challenging assignments became less intimidating. Bolstered with confidence, I was able to approach them with ease and definitively assert my opinion. Furthermore, it encouraged me to learn from my mistakes and so that I could avoid them in the future. My perspective serves as foundation for these five blogs which emphasize food, feelings and film analysis while demonstrating the growth in my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment